I've been through 2 deployments with my husband... the first one I was clueless and it was back in 2003 and things were very different... the 2nd time he deployed I was a bit more prepared and I did research on care packages and ideas and such. Thats why I have so much info. I was also a volunteer in our FRG (Family Readiness Group) and I had to come up with some of this stuff for our spouses and such. Now that I myself am Active Duty I know one day these ideas and information will help my husband out, as it helped me out when he was deployed. I hope that the info I share helps everyone and pass this website to others you know with deployed spouses or just spouses in the military... a lot of active duty/reserve/guard people go on TDYs and are gone for months for training and such, not just deployments and all these ideas can be applied to those times as well.
It's hard being on either side of the military relationship. It takes work and determintation and HARD WORK and communication. It's never easy and the military doesn't allow for it to be easy. It takes a special and strong person to make a military relationship work.
This blog is going to contain a lot of info, sites and just venting at times. Know that as a military spouse or military service member you are never alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment