Sunday, October 24, 2010

blogging

Originally I started this blog for people to come to for care package ideas and information. I want it to be more than that. I want to get all the information I have out to those of you that have a special someone in the Military. Some of you aren't married to someone in the military and those that are married some aren't near a military base, or may be married to GUARD or RESERVE... life as active duty is different and life as a military spouse is alot different near a base and away from a base/post... which ever your branch calls it. I went from being a Army Wife to Active Duty AIR FORCE and now my husband is the spouse. I was asked in basic training if I was a Brat or a Spouse... they pulled up my med records from FT RILEY... I kinda laughed because I never had been asked that before and it was odd to me. I was neither both, at the time I was no longer a Military spouse, I had transitioned into the sponsor. Instead of having to give Scott's social security number, I now had to give mine. Military is a different lifestyle all around, wither for 6 yrs or 4 or till retirement. We all go through the same stuff over and over, our stories may be different but we basically all go through the same situations. Deployments, no matter how small or how long they are still deployments, they still suck and we have to suck it up and put our big girl/boy pants on and go on with our life as our servicemember has to go on with theirs and get the mission done. We all hope that we will never see that car pull up and the chaplain and commander get out to walk to our door, it happens but we all hope that it won't. We play the role of both parents, which is hard at times but we do it. We involve the other parent by videotaping those special moments to send to them, we have story time dvds for the kids so they can have that time with mom or dad, we buy buildabears we've made with our kids that have our voices in them saying I LOVE YOU! we buy lifesize pictures of mom/dad so that the kids will remember them no matter what. We pack up a house and move on our own, and unpack and sit up a house with no help. We are strong and being a military spouse is honorable and you should be proud of your husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/fiance.... you should be honored to walk through the airport holding their hand as they are about to board a plane back to IRAQ.... hold your head high and be proud to be a part of something so special. The friends you make while associated with the military will always be there for you because they are going through it to, have been through it or will about to go through it. we are all new to this life at one time or another and we make the best of the situation the government puts our servicemember in as we follow them wherever they go!

No comments:

Post a Comment